Reserve a Room
The Library has two meeting rooms, the Helderberg Room (seats 120) and the Westbrook Room (seats 30). Meeting rooms are to be reserved within 60 days of the date of your event by Guilderland School District residents with a Guilderland or Altamont library card.
Please review our Meeting Room Policy before reserving a room. Reservation requests are considered tentative until the Library has issued a confirmation via email.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (518) 456-2400. We're here to help!
A note about A/V equipment: A/V equipment is available upon request when booking a meeting room, but technical support is NOT available on most evenings and on weekends.
Meeting room use will be available during regular Library hours:
Monday - Thursday: 9:30 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Public meeting room usage may extend until 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (July & August: Closed on Sundays)
The Library has six (6) study rooms that can be used by small groups for quiet study or small meetings. Some details about their use:
- You can book a room for up to four (4) hours, and up to one week in advance.
- Study rooms must be booked in fifteen (15) minute increments, and can be booked up to fifteen (15) minutes before closing.
- Room time cannot be extended.
- The Library reserves the right to admit the next patron with a reservation. Please wrap up your meetings within your allotted time, to avoid interruption.
- Your reservation will be forfeited if you are more than fifteen (15) minutes late, without notification.
- Call 518-456-2400 x 3 to cancel or reschedule.
- Study rooms close five (5) minutes before the Library's closing time.
- Study room users must abide by these procedures, the Library's Rules of Public Behavior Policy, and all instructions from Library staff.
Please note: study rooms are in high demand towards the middle and end of the school year.